Fork Lift Operator/Material Handler
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Amount of Travel Required: None
Work Schedule: Rotating 8 or 12-hour shifts
Position Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all electrical and mechanical equipment in a paper converting manufacturing facility to ensure production continuity and efficiency.
Why work for Green Bay Converting, Inc.?
We are a successful, growing company, and are building a new, larger facility!
- Upward mobility and potential for growth
- We have a diverse workforce, and our people are our most valuable asset
- Safe and clean facilities
- Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Medical & Dental plans
- Healthcare & Dependent-care Flex-Spending Account programs
- Company-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company-sponsored Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k with a company match (after 1-year of service)
- Safe and clean facilities
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Safely operates a variety of material handling equipment such as fork lifts, clamp lifts, box clamps, etc.
- Monitor material levels on machines and deliver materials in a timely manner.
- Issue correct raw materials, finishing supplies, and recycle/waste receptacles to production machines without damaging the materials.
- Monitor finished product on machines, and remove without damage to warehouse or load directly onto truck.
- Store finished product in proper warehouse bay.
- Remove and store unused raw materials and finishing supplies during product changes on the machine.
- Load/unload raw materials or finished goods from semi trucks.
- Accurately complete material handlers recording sheets for quantities, grades, waste and item numbers.
- Empties recycle bins from machines and operates waste baler.
- Operates shrink wrap machines.
- Removes and bands large cores from parent rolls.
- Notifies semi drivers of full trucks.
- Supplies skids to machines.
- Required to stack raw materials and finished goods safely to heights of 20 or more feet.
- All other duties as assigned
- Changes batteries or propane cylinders on lift trucks as necessary.
- Maintains a clean work area by manually picking up waste paper and other material.
- Bales or stretch wraps waste materials.
- Stacks product cases that have been knocked over or are uneven.
- Responds to requests from machine operators and others.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment is in a manufacturing environment around equipment. Temperatures in the plant can range a great deal from season to season. The incumbent will work with oil, grease, ink, chemicals and machinery. Incumbents will also be exposed to noise levels that may require hearing protection. Safety shoes and eye protection are also required in the manufacturing and warehouse areas.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.