Electrical Mechanical Maintenance
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Maintenance manager
Amount of Travel Required: None
Work Schedule: Rotating 12-hour shifts
Position Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all electrical and mechanical equipment in a paper converting manufacturing facility to ensure production continuity and efficiency.
Why work for Green Bay Converting, Inc.?
We are a successful, growing company, and are building a new, larger facility!
- Upward mobility and potential for growth
- We have a diverse workforce, and our people are our most valuable asset
- Safe and clean facilities
- Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Medical & Dental plans
- Healthcare & Dependent-care Flex-Spending Account programs
- Company-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company-sponsored Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k with a company match (after 1-year of service)
- Safe and clean facilities
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Respond to operator, quality, and/or supervisor requests on equipment specifications.Knowledge in electronic components, PLC controls, AC/DC drives and motors, servo drives and motors, sensors,
- Comfortable in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Ability to look up components in electrical/mechanical manuals and submit into an order form.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and document accordingly.
- Knowledge in Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Read and understand electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic schematics.
- Perform LOTO and Arc Flash.
- Basic knowledge and experience in operating a welder, torch, plasma cutter, mill, lathe, drill press, common power tools and hand tools
- Able to use micrometers, indicators, Multimeters, and Megohmmeters
- Perform grade changes; log saw blade changes, slitter changes, perf blade changes on equipment when needed.
- Safely use scissors lifts, high lifts, hoist, lift trucks, lifting straps, chain falls, etc.
- Able to perform general Building and Grounds tasks.
- Active in First Aid, CPR, First Responder and Safety Committee.
- All other duties as assigned by management/supervision staff.
- Maintains a clean work area
- Keep tools clean, neat and orderly
- May assist operators or crewmembers with machine start-up, shutdown or clean up.
- May assist with cleaning out trim systems, baler jams, etc.
- May order parts and/or pick up parts from suppliers.
- May travel between company buildings with personal transportation.
- Carry work cell phone during scheduled hours.
Position Qualifications Competency Statement(s)
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
Skills & Abilities
Education: Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
Computer Skills: Possess basic computer skills
Other Requirements: Will be required to cover team vacation to include other absences with notice
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) - Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5 hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand - F
Walk - O
Sit - O
Manually Manipulate - F
Grasp - F
Reach Outward - F
Reach Above Shoulder - O
Speak - F
Climb - O
Crawl - O
Squat or Kneel - O
Bend - O
10 lbs. or less - F
11-20 lbs. - O
21 - 50 lbs. - O
51 - 100 lbs. - N
Over 100 lbs. - N
12 lbs. or less - O
13 - 25 lbs. - O
25 - 40 lbs. - N
41 - 100 lbs. - N
Work Environment: The work environment is in a manufacturing environment around equipment. Temperatures in the plant can range a great deal from season to season. The incumbent will work with oil, grease, ink, chemicals and machinery. Incumbents will also be exposed to noise levels that may require hearing protection. Safety shoes and eye protection are also required in the manufacturing and warehouse areas.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.