Crew Member/Production Support
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Amount of Travel Required: None
Work Schedule: Rotating 12-hour or 8-hour shifts
Position Summary:The purpose of this position is to assist the machine operator by performing general manual labor duties such as placing product in cases, stacking cases on pallets, and all other similar duties as assigned.
Why work for Green Bay Converting, Inc.?
We are a successful, growing company, and are building a new, larger facility!
- Upward mobility and potential for growth
- We have a diverse workforce, and our people are our most valuable asset
- Safe and clean facilities
- Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Medical & Dental plans
- Healthcare & Dependent-care Flex-Spending Account programs
- Company-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company-sponsored Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k with a company match (after 1-year of service)
- Safe and clean facilities
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assists the machine operator by performing manual labor tasks on a variety of paper converting equipment.
- Assists the machine operator with roll changes and other duties.
- Makes cartons and places product in cartons.
- Inspects product to meet customer quality criteria
- Seals product cartons and stacks cartons on pallets.
- Operates shrink wrap machine (manual or automated).
- Fills recycle bins with paper for recycling. Empties recycle bins.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications Competency Statement(s)
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
Skills & Abilities
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Computer Skills: Possess basic computer skills
Other Requirements: Will be required to cover team vacation to include other absences with notice
Work Environment: The work environment is in a manufacturing environment around equipment. Temperatures in the plant can range a great deal from season to season. The incumbent will work with oil, grease, ink, chemicals and machinery. Incumbents will also be exposed to noise levels that may require hearing protection. Safety shoes and eye protection are also required in the manufacturing and warehouse areas.